Pick-up from hotel and drive to a town of Chauk approx. 40 minutes drives from Bagan. After driving about half an hour, one get into an area with many crude oil rigs and gas wells on either side of the roads. You are going to cross over big sand dunes, usually seen in central Myanmar dry arid zone. Burma Oil Company established in 1886 by David Sime Cargill investing 1.5 million Sterling pounds, and later added up to 18 million pounds and crude oil production in Chauk more than a century ago. Arrival Salay and visit “Yoke-Sone-Kyaung”, museum of Myanmar famous writer U Pone Nya and lacquer ware “Man” pagoda built in AD 1300.
Afternoon return to Bagan. On the way visit the local villages and observe about how Cartwrights make a traditional bullock carts, learn the interesting process of creating “Poneyay” (pea powder paste) and see how local plum jam is made and packed. Transfer back to hotel.
- Lunch at local restaurant with standard menu
- Sightseeing with English speaking local tour guide
- Sightseeing by private air-con vehicle with drivers, as mentioned in program
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Drinking water and towel during excursion