Pick up from your hotel and drive to Mt.Popa, an extinct volcano known as the abode of the legendary nats (naughty spirits!); a one hour drive. Here a temple complex sits perched atop the summit where, for the energetic, there is time to climb the 777 steps to the top of the hill or, for the less energetic, an opportunity to join the local pilgrims and participate in the festivities at the base. Mt.Popa is a natural place to learn about the nat, or spirit, as people traditionally believe that the custom of nat worship started here and it is still practiced here as although Myanmar is a Buddhist country they also practice spirit worship in the belief that it will bring about prosperity. Depart Mt.Popa return to Bagan and proceed to your hotel.
Meals Included: Lunch
- Lunch at Poppa Mountain Resort with standard menu
- Sightseeing with English speaking local tour guide
- Sightseeing with private boat
- Entrance fees for the visits mentioned in the program
- Drinking water and towel during excursion