Pick up from your hotel and drive to Thanlyin. Only 45 minute-drives across the Bago River from Yangon lies Thanlyin (Syriam). It was an important trading center in the 17th Century under the Portuguese Adventurer De Brito. Today, Than-lyin is noted for its Deep Sea Port Projects in Thilawa. Tour highlights; Ruins of the old Portuguese Churches in the center of town, the ruins of a Catholic church built by an Italian Barnabite missionary can still be seen, Kyaik-Khauk Pagoda; it perches on the hillock of the town, an imposing golden stupa similar to the Shwedagon with a history dated back over 2,000 years. The two tombs in front of the pagoda are Myanmar writers Natshinnaung and Padethayaza who wrote about ordinary people in Ava period and were captured by Mon. Later, proceeds to Kyauk-Tan Pagoda (a Pagoda on a small island on a tributary of Yangon’s river), on the way, stop at Bada-Gyi village, to see 41 feet high, 100 years old, huge Seated Buddha Image. Lunch will be served at a local restaurant. Late afternoon, drive back to Yangon and transfer back to your hotel.
Meals included: Lunch
Old Portuguese Churches
Our Services Include:
- Sightseeing with professional English speaking local guide
- Private air-conditioned vehicle with drivers, for transfers and excursion as mentioned in program
- Entrance fees and zone fees for the visits mentioned
- Ferry Boat fee
- Drinking water and towel during excursion
- Meals included lunch as mentioned in the program
Tips to guide and driver are not included.